When and where is INCADIVIDE #2?
– from July 1st to 12th 2018, race starts and finishes in Trujillo, the cultural capital of Peru
Is it paved or unpaved?
– The route of the race is a mix of asphalt (85%) and unpaved gravel sections (15%). It is HIGHLY recommended to come with at least a cyclo-cross bike, gravel or a semi-rigid mountain bike. We recommend 28mm tires as a MINIMUM.
How can I sign up?
– Follow this link: click here
How much does it cost and what does my registration include?
– 299 euros until the end of December 2017, 349 euros until the end of February 2018, 399 euros until the registrations close. Your registration includes your luggage management, a personalized bib cap, the GPS tracker with SOS function, your tear-proof survival card (with indications of where to refuel / sleep / checkpoints / race profile), a reward if you are a finisher, bike gear offered for the first 3 finishers, BikingMan teams on each checkpoint to validate your progress and media cars to bring you unforgettable memories
Does the organization keep my belongings during the race?
– Yes, your bike bag and 1 personal bag (backpack) for each rider is allowed
How can I travel to Peru?
– Trujillo has an airport with numerous flights coming from Lima. July is a less touristic and cheaper period if you fly from Europe, America or Oceania than August. We advise you to book your flights to Trujillo directly to retrieve your bicycle at your final destination
From the USA, flights from the east or west coast start at $ 600
From South America, flights start at $ 350 from Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina and Chile via LATAM airlines
From Oceania, flights start at $ 900 from Sydney
From Europe, flights start at 900 euros. Flying through Spain or the UK allows for more competitive prices because airlines often transit through these countries to fly to South America
I did not receive any confirmation email after signing up!
– After completing your registration, you should have received an email from Active.com confirming your payment. If you do not have it, check your SPAM inbox. If you have any doubts, contact us using the contact form and we will help you
Do I need a visa to travel to Peru?
– As a general rule NO! Check if your country requires a VISA on this link: click here
Where does the race start and finish?
– The start and finish of the race are from Trujillo, the capital of culture of Peru (north of the capital Lima) on the Place des Armes (downtown)
Where are the BikingMan checkpoints?
– You need to ride a minimum of 150 kilometers every day to avoid being scratched from the race. BikingMan checkpoints where a member of the organization will stamp your progress will be communicated at the end of the year
Where can I see the recommended route of the race?
– By joining our Strava Club, it is free and you can download the GPX file of the route
Are there different race categories?
– Yes: SOLO or PAIR
Can I cancel my inscription?
– No. However, you can transfer it up to 90 days before the event on another BikingMan 2018 race by paying the difference (if the price of the race in question is higher) and an administrative fee of 40 euros
Is there a prize to win?
– Yes, we have race partners that will bring great equipment for the first 3 finishers of the inaugural edition (bags, saddles and a bigger prize for the first!). For the rest of the racers: glory awaits them if they reach the finish line within the time limits!
What is the time limit to complete the race?
– 288 hours (twelve days). Your progress will be monitored with a GPS tracking system and you will get an organization stamp at each checkpoint
Are support cars allowed?
– No. You can’t have a support car following you. It is a self-supported self-supported ultra cycling race where you need to manage your food, water and accommodations. The survival map given by the organization will help you to find places where you can fuel along the way and sleep during the night. Strategy plays a big role in the race as you can’t rely on a support car
Can I draft (ride behind another cyclist and benefit from wind protection) off a competitor?
– No. You are not allowed to draft nor ride as a pack of riders. Only pair riders are allowed to draft each other’s during the race
Can I camp in Peru?
– Yes in the numerous wild camp spots available in the country. You must respect the premises, the local flora and fauna. Any littering will ban you from the race
Do a need a medical certificate for the race?
– Yes, mentioning that you are fit and ready to ride a 1800 kilometers ultra cycling race
Do I need an insurance?
– Yes, it is mandatory and must include a repatriation option to your home country in case of accidents
How does the checkpoints work?
– Every racer will get a personal GPS tracker sending his/her position every 5 minutes. You will need to cycle across every checkpoint to get a stamp from the organization
Are there any mandatory equipment?
– Yes, a complete list of the mandatory equipment is mentioned in the race agreement signed during the registration process. It is, for the most part, basic common equipment to cycle self-supported (repairs, clothing, lights…) in safe conditions in Peru
Do I need to buy a GPS tracker?
– No it is included in your inscription and provided by the organization
Do I need to bring a tent?
– Yes, if you plan to camp, equipment to withstand negative temperatures is essential. No, if you want to race by sleeping in hotels / hospedajes that are numerous on the route
Do I need to bring a mattress/bivy bag / sleeping?
– Yes if you plan to camp and sleep in the wilderness. No if you plan to sleep in hotels along the way
Do I need a specific bike?
– Check our YouTube Channel where we regularly post videos of advice on our races. The IncaDivide is a challenging self-supported ultra cycling race with asphalt but often super challenging unpaved sections. Forget your Time Trial or regular road bike with 23mm tires!